8.5 x 11 Black and white Zen Doodle pattern coloring sheets! 10 FREE zentangle inspired printable decorative papers with intricate, hand-drawn line patterns. Use these patterns for coloring, cardmaking, scrapbooking, journaling or tracing / transfer to your art and paper craft projects!
Zen Doodle Pattern Details!
- Black and White
Zen Doodle PATTERN Types:
- Decorative Dots Pattern in assorted sizes
- Leaves – Two Styles, 3D and Tiny Geometric Lines
- Criss Cross Lines – A Hatching Pattern
- Scallops, AKA: Dragon or Mermaid Scales
- Chevron tile
- Swirls Patterns — Big Curly Swirls and Swirly Flourishes (My Personal Favorite!)
3 FUN WAYS TO USE PRINTABLE Pattern Designs
1. Print out for COLORING in SHEETS
Yes, just as coloring sheets with patterns. Simply print and color the patterns in! It will take time, but that is the point. If you need printing tips, refer to my FAQ!
Why Color Pattern Designs?
The best thing about coloring in coloring sheets with repetitive line patterns is that it allows for mindless busy time. There is not much thinking involved and it can take your mind to a calming state–at least it does for me!
For this reason, coloring in Zen Doodle Patterns can easily become a regular activity that promotes relaxation.
Keep printable patterns coloring in your self-care toolbox–something you can easily turn to. The best thing is that it doesn't require skill or too much forethought to do it when the need to quiet your mind pops up!
What to color Doodle patternS with?
What you use to color in the patterns does not matter.
Use whatever art supplies you have available or find fun to use!
- Colored Pencils
- Watercolor (print on thicker paper)
- Ink Pens
How TO Color The Printable Patterns.
How you color DOES NOT matter, either! To get started coloring, print your pages, pick a color, two or the entire rainbow and trace around the details in the decorative patterns.
- Color quickly to release frustration or anger
- Spend lots of time thinking about the details, fill in the color strategically to get a color pattern
- Color it all randomly.
- Color with a friend or child while having a conversation.
- Draw patterns within the doodles.
As you can see from the list above, there are many ways to color the pattern coloring designs, All that matters is if you enjoy the process!
Afterall, these pattern designs are offered to you as a free download to enjoy, they are printable and can be printed out multiple times. You can indeed color them in different ways each time if you want to explore your creative side! Creativity is good for your soul.
2. Print For CARDMAKING BaseS
Cut these printable papers down to size and use them as fronts for cardmaking!
The best thing about these black and white doodle patterns is that you can print onto your favorite paper stock for coloring in any colorway you need.
See the tips for coloring above and color them up to coordinate with any color scheme that matches your cardmaking embellishments.
3. Trace As Pattern TransferS
Fire up the printer to print some of these pattern coloring sheets on copy paper to transfer into your art journals, cards, art or crafts! There are several different ways to transfer the patterns that i go over, below. Do you know of any others?
Gel Medium Pattern Transfer
- Transfer the Pattern-–Apply gel medium to your art journal page, let it dry, wet the paper and rub the top layer of the paper off to reveal the black ink pattern design underneath!
- Lightbox or window transfer–have your pattern under the surface you wish to trace it onto and trace.
- Graphite paper–Trace on top of the pattern with graphite paper underneath so the graphite transfers the pattern to your new working surface.
1. Whimsical Herringbone
2. Geometric Crosshatch
3. Cool Doodle Dots
Questions About My Free Downloads?
4. Detailed Leaf
5. Elegant and formal
Another way to download!
This set of zen doodle pattern backgrounds can also be downloaded as 12x12in digital papers with a choice to upgrade the license for standard or extended commercial use!